I cannot lie. I have a soft spot for the Jaguar F-PACE. Why? Well, it’s one step away from automated driving.
And not only is it one step away from automated driving, it looks and feels good too, along with so many little touches, it makes driving this car, as easy as 1-2-3.
The Jaguar F-PACE is Jag’s entry into the SUV market, it’s almost the same size as the Land Rover’s Discovery Sport, but this is a Jaguar through and through and believe me, I wouldn’t advise a learner driver to practice driving in an F-PACE, because it has some many automated features, that they’ll end up going into another car and realise they don’t know what to do.
So what did I like about the Jaguar F-PACE Portfolio 2.0D AWD, well, the little touches such as the high beam headlights that automatically came on while I was driving deep in the sticks, where the roads have no lighting and the fact that the high beam lights automatically turned off when oncoming traffic approached.
Look mummy no hands
It’s little things like this, that make you smile as you drive the Jaguar F-PACE, and everyone knows that in life, it’s sometimes the little things that mean the most.
And speaking of little things, I did mention the automated reverse parking? It was that long ago, I was flown to another country to see the latest auto technology, one of the things I was shown was automated parking… Fast forward to today and Jaguar already has it featured in their cars.
It’s a feature you’ll love, it parks perfectly and can fit into spaces that even the greatest of reverse parkers would struggle with.
'Look Mummy, No Hands'. Tag someone who needs this lol. This is me testing the Jaguar F-Pace park assist. I have to admit, it's dope. For those of you that have trouble parking, the park assist is your game changer. More to follow 😍😎😁😛😜💣 #auto #autotrend #automatic #robot #parking #handsfree #jaguar #suv #lifestyleblogger #blog #blogger #dope #sick #amazing #tech #technology
The Jaguar F-PACE Portfolio 2.0D AWD comes fitted with the following as standard:
- 19” alloy wheels (the model I drove came with 20-inch Templar Twin 5-Spoke wheels at no extra cost)
- Fixed Panoramic Roof with Satin Chrome Roof Rails
- Tyre Repair System
- Meridian Sound System (380W)
- Xenon Headlights with LED Blade Daytime Running Lights
- Auto-Dimming Power Fold Heated Door Mirrors
- Perforated Windsor Leather Luxury Seats
- 10-Way Electric Front Seats
- InControl Apps, WIFI and Touch Navigation
- Electric Front and Rear Windows with One-Touch Open/Close and Anti-Trap
And this is only 10 of a very long list of standard features on this model. I had a 2.0-litre Turbocharged Diesel with 8-speed automatic transmission with can produce a 0-62mph speed in 8.2 seconds and a maximum speed of 129mph.
I’m always surprised by the amount of power Jaguar seems to be able to draw from their engines. You’re probably thinking right now that 0-62mph speed in 8.2 seconds isn’t that fast. Well yes, it isn’t, but it is, for a 2.0-litre diesel engine that has to pull the weight of the mammoth-sized F-PACE.
Some of the optional extras fitting on Jaguar F-PACE Portfolio 2.0D AWD that I drove are below and you can start to see how it adds up:
- Corris Grey – £705
- Latte Windsor Leather Seats (No Cost)
- 20-inch Templar Twin 5-Spoke wheels (No Cost)
- Sliding Panoramic Roof with Satin Rails – £320
- Privacy Glass – £395
- Panoramic Roof with Glass Black Rails – £1,250
- Light Oyster Morzine Headlining Colour (No Cost)
- Gloss Figured Ebony Veneer (No Cost)
- Navigation Pro with Meridian Surround System 825W – £2,140
- Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting – £210
- Gloss Black Grille – £442
- Memory Pack for 14-Way Seats – £880
- Adaptive Dynamics Pack – £1,185
- Practicality Pack – £470
- Advance Parking Assist Pack with Surround Camera – £1,930
- Cold Climate Pack – £540
- Head Up Display Pack – £1,270
- Electrically Deployable Tow Bar – £990
- Illuminated Metal Treadplates with Metal Loadspace Scuff Plate – £785
- 10” Dual View Touchscreen – £625
- Activity Key – £320
- Blind Spot Monitor and Reverse Traffic Detection – £525
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Queue Assist and Intelligent Emergency Braking – £1,460
- High Mileage Service Plan – £719
However, everything in this car is built to make your life easier. It’s absolute luxury without having to re-mortgage your home (well almost). The has enough horses to keep you happy, although there were one or two moments when I could have done with just a little bit more power.
The ride and smooth and luxurious. You’ll be cruising down the road with absolute ease while you watch other drivers struggle with their vehicles. The leather seats are soft to the touch. Everything inside the car feels solid, with no cheap plasticky bits. This car will make you and your passengers happy. It’s the type of car that you’d like to take on a long road trip or a trip to the seaside. It’s the type of car that makes your guests fall asleep while you drive as it feels comforting and caring.
It’s the type of car that will have your guests constantly pushing buttons, button like the 4 different seating position. A lady friend of mine sat in the passenger seat and constantly pressed the different seating position buttons. I’m driving and concentrating on the road while she was relaxing as the automatic seats moved smoothly from upright seated to relaxed laying down position and more. This can be somewhat annoying for the driving, but don’t worry the passengers do get over it soon enough.
Ample boot space and ample leg room with the Jaguar is always a pleasure, especially when you stand taller than 6ft which I do. Even with the upright seated position of this SUV, I felt far more comfortable than some of the other cars I have recently driven.
Electrics everywhere and a panoramic sunroof which lets in the beautiful sun rays on a bright day gives the car a sense of Zen and let’s face it, who doesn’t need a bit of Zen in their lives?
The base price for the Jaguar F-PACE Portfolio 2.0D AWD is £47,115.00 (OTR*) the price for the model tested including options is £63,571.00. As I mentioned earlier, if you want your Jaguar fully loaded, you’ll quickly see the price add up.
Overall the Jaguar F-PACE Portfolio 2.0D AWD is a great car and from a lifestyle perspective, you’ll get everything you need from this ride. Style, comfort, luxury, smiles and a bit of thrills if you put your foot down.
Visit jaguar.co.uk now and see more about the F-PACE, it’s also worth noting that the Jaguar F-PACE has an OTR starting price From £34,730