I’m sorry Jaguar, but I still can’t believe you decided to unveil the brand spanking new E-Pace while I was away. I’m not happy about this at all.
Ok, fair enough. Yes, I was on a Novalja beach in Croatia, lapping up the sun and drinking Tequila sunrise cocktails. Yes, I was partying on Zcre Beach with thousands of women running around in bikinis during the festival season. But the truth is… I really wanted to be at the unveiling of the E-Pace amongst the stunts and celebs and of course the car itself.
The Jaguar E-PACE is the newest member of Jaguar’s SUV family and is a five-seat compact SUV that packs the design and performance of a Jaguar sports car into a spacious, practical and connected all-wheel-drive vehicle. The Jaguar E-Pace follows on from Jaguar’s first all-electric SUV, the I-PACE Concept and the World Car of the Year-winning F-PACE performance SUV.
Basically, the Jaguar E-Pace has a lot to live up too, but judging by the looks and the design, the E-Pace might be a category winner within its own class.
The Jaguar E-PACE
Then came the unveiling of the E-PACE and the celebrity attendance and the E-PACE roll stunt which I cannot believe I missed. Sienna Miller, Jaime Winston, Winnie Harlow, David Gandy, Vicky McClure, Singer Raye Nick Grimshaw, Pete Tong (who you can catch in Hi Ibiza, V Festival and Blue Marlin Ibiza) and even my old boss from waaaaay back in the day, Editor of GQ Magazine, Dylon Jones (who probably doesn’t even remember me now).
Jaguar E-PACE at a glance
- Jaguar sports car design and dynamics in a five-seat compact performance SUV
- Latest connectivity and practicality solutions for busy families
- Up to eight devices can stream content using E-PACE’s 4G Wi-Fi hotspot
- Touch Pro infotainment system connects customers to their favourite apps on the move
- Large 12.3-inch full-colour TFT driver display and Head-Up Display means the driver need never take their eyes off the road
- Configurable Dynamics technology delivers true Jaguar dynamics, allowing drivers to personalise throttle, steering and transmission settings
- Lightweight suspension architecture, all-wheel drive, Active Driveline and torque vectoring provide excellent agility and all-surface traction
- Sports car-inspired design includes 21-inch alloy wheels
- First Jaguar to exclusively feature Ingenium petrol and diesel engines, from the clean and responsive 150PS diesel with 124g/km CO2 emissions to the sporty 300PS petrol accelerating from standstill to 60mph in 5.9 seconds
- Customer orders are now open, priced from £28,500 in the UK
I’ll be personally reviewing the E-PACE as soon as I get my hands on one, which should be very early in the new year. Until then, I’ll leave you with the images from the E-PACE roll, as stunt driver Terry Grant set a new Guinness World Record, which will probably blow your mind.
And if you want further information on the E-PACE, all you need to do is to head on over to www.jaguar.co.uk where you can explore, the galleries, the videos, the tech and even place your order.