SHARE

According to a new study the love scene between Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis in Black Swan has been voted the most iconic film sex scene in cinema. The list also included such memorable scenes featured in The Notebook and Brokeback Mountain.

New research from a leading money saving website has revealed Britons’ favourite sex scenes in films, with the scene between Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis in Black Swan coming out on top. Furthermore, a majority of respondents said that their chosen scene had been memorable due to the ‘passion’ between the two leading actors.

The study, conducted by www.VoucherCodesPro.co.uk, polled 2,124 British adults, all of whom were aged 18 or over, with an even gender split. The survey was conducted as part of ongoing research into the effect that films have on Britons.

Initially, all participants were asked whether there were any sex scenes from films that they thought were particularly memorable, to which 98% said that there were. The remaining 2% said that there were no films that stood out to them particularly.

The respondents who indicated that there were memorable sex scenes for them were then asked to provide details of sex scenes they thought were particularly iconic or memorable. Respondents were able to provide more than one answer, revealing the below top 10:

  1. Nina Sayers (Natalie Portman) & The Black Swan (Mila Kunis): Black Swan – 49%
  2. Noah (Ryan Gosling) & Allie (Rachel McAdams): The Notebook – 42%
  3. Jack (Jake Gyllenhaal) & Ennis (Heath Ledger): Brokeback Mountain’s – 39%
  4. Jack (Leonardo Di Caprio) & Rose (Kate Winslet): Titanic – 37%
  5. Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan) & Anastasia (Dakota Johnson): 50 Shades of Grey – 35%
  6. Edward (Richard Gere) & Vivian (Julia Roberts): Pretty Woman– 34%
  7. Edward (Robert Pattinson) & Bella (Kristen Stewart): Twilight – 30%
  8. Dan (Michael Douglas) & Alex (Glenn Close): Fatal Attraction – 28%
  9. Edward (James Spader) & Lee (Maggie Gyllenhaal): Secretary – 27%
  10. Jonny (Patrick Swayze) & Baby (Jennifer Grey): Dirty Dancing – 21%

Following on from this, respondents were asked to disclose what was so memorable about their selected sex scenes. Respondents were presented with a list of possible answers and were asked to select all that applied to them. Results were as follows:

  1. The chemistry/passion between the two leads – 39%
  2. The actors – 33%
  3. The amount of nudity – 24%
  4. The music played during the scene – 19%
  5. The amount of body hair displayed on screen– 12%

Finally, the survey then asked the same group of respondents to reveal what effect their selected sex scene had on them. A majority of 43% indicated that they had attempted to re-enact the scene at home, whilst 36% indicated that it had made them more attracted to the actors. The remaining 21% said that the scene inspired them to find love.

George Charles of VoucherCodesPro.co.uk made the following comments:

“Films play such a huge part in the lives of Britons and it seems that certain sex scenes do too! I think it’s brilliant that these romantic, passionate scenes have inspired some to go out and find love – let’s hope they were successful! I have to say that I was surprised to see Black Swan come out on top, I was definitely expecting 50 Shades of Grey after the hype surrounding the film recently.”

  glitter room glitterfest

Glitter Room Boxing Day Masquerade Glitterball

Wednesday 26th December at the Tropicana Beach Club - Click on the image below for more info

Glitter Room Boxing Day Masquerade Glitterball

Agree or Disagree? Leave your comments here and join the conversation