Let’s face it, a bright smile not only looks good but it could improve your chances of a relationship.
According to recent studies, 71% of women say that they judge a man based on his teeth. Having a brilliant smile will certainly help to attract the opposite sex. Sparkling white teeth and a nice smile can be very inviting, engaging and exciting.
Tips on how to get and retain sparkling white teeth
1. It’s important to buy top quality dental products. Reputable online suppliers like BF Mulholland offer a wide range of top quality dental products. There’s everything from oral hygiene to toothbrushes, all at competitive prices.
2. Don’t use baking soda – baking soda may be a good cleaner for your home but not for your teeth. Its chemical compound is an abrasive, helping to remove stains, however it can also be harmful. After continuous use, baking soda can wear away enamel, causing teeth to darken.
3. Avoid too many dark foods – surprisingly there are a number of foods and condiments you should try to avoid such as marinara sauces, blueberries and soy sauce. Foods and condiments with dark pigmentation can cause staining.
4. Drinking lots of tea, coffee and red wine – this can also cause staining. It’s also a good idea to stay away from drinking too many energy drinks. The acids they contain have the same eroding effect, similar to eating citrus fruits.
5. Buy a new toothbrush – having sparkling teeth could be as easy as throwing out your old toothbrush and buying a new one every 2 to 3 months. As the bristles are worn down, your toothbrush isn’t cleaning your teeth properly.
6. Brush your tongue – many dental specialists recommended brushing your tongue to have fresh breath and prevent teeth from staining. Your tongue accumulates bacteria which can eventually lead to teeth discoloration.
7. Rinse with apple cider vinegar – another way to retain sparkling white teeth is to rinse with apple cider vinegar. Rinsing with two parts water to one part apple cider vinegar for around one minute, acts as a natural whitening treatment.
8. Eat raw fruits and veg – eating fruit, vegetables and crunchy foods is good for your teeth, as well as your body. Try eating more nuts, raw carrots, apples as well as cauliflower to keep those teeth white by removing surface stains and plaque.
9. Use gel trays instead of strips – it’s recommended using whitening gel trays instead of strips. Teeth are usually darkest near the gum line where strips can’t reach.
10. Brush your teeth at least twice a day – brush your teeth at least twice a day, first thing in the morning and last thing at night. This helps to remove stains and plaque, keeping your teeth white and giving you a great smile.
Stick to these points and it won’t be long before you have whiter than white teeth and a nice smile.