So, you’ve talked the talk and you’ve landed yourself a date with the guy or girl of your dreams. Now it’s time to walk the walk.
You need a way to impress this person so that you can come out ahead and secure yourself a second date.
What better way to do that than with a gift that will make you look good and impress just about anyone? Nothing creates interest and intrigue better than a gift. Something that says I have thought about this and you’re important to me.
But what kind of gift will say I like you, without looking too presumptuous or desperate? How will you know what to get? That’s where we come in. Read on because we’re going to help you with just that. Our guide to first date gifts will help you stand out from all the competition. You won’t be forgotten.
Fun and Flirty
Dates come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. You can do all kinds of different things together. If your date is something a little more laid back and casual, then choosing a gift that is fun and allows you to be cute and flirtatious is a good way to go.
- Greeting cards – These are great for showing that you’re a thoughtful kind of person. You can also show off some of your personality. You can keep it light and funny or get a little more in depth with it. But just don’t go so far that you scare your dream lover away.
- Gift cards – You can have a bit of fun with these. This just says you’re planning ahead. Choose a gift card for a place that you two could go together on a second date. It shows confidence and thoughtfulness. You could also do this with tickets to an event.
- A cupcake – Come on, who doesn’t love a delicious cupcake? Baked goods are great gifts for so many occasions. Throughout history, people have given something baked for all kinds of things, from celebrations to new neighbours to the loss of loved ones. A single cupcake is a sweet and simple way to celebrate the beginning of the two of you on your first date.
A Personal Touch
Gifts can certainly be chosen to match the person you’re giving them to. However, you can also use a gift to share something of yourself with that person. That’s something that can be equally endearing to the gift recipient, your date for this situation. Here are a couple of ideas for gifts that will let you share either what you’ve learned about them from paying attention, or something about yourself.
- Book – What a person likes to read is something very personal. Books are timeless gifts that will never go out of style. If you’ve picked up on something from your date in previous chats you’ve had about what they like to read, then choose something by their favourite author or in the genre they like to read. If you don’t know anything about their reading habits, share one of your very favourite books. Doing this lets your date see a very personal side of you. A book is also a great topic of discussion, so it will make a really good conversation starter.
You can shop for books easily online too. If you do, make sure you check out Amazon extra discounts to save a little extra cash.
- Something date specific – Some of you come up with some amazing date ideas. If you’re doing something a little less mainstream for your first date, then choose something useful for your date. If you’re going hiking, give your date a really cool water bottle. If you’re going on a carriage ride, bring a blanket. If you’re going to a cooking class, make an apron your gift. Whatever it is, just make it something that will be useful for the date and will leave a lasting impression on him or her, to where every time they look at it they will be reminded of you.
A Little More Sophistication
Sometimes you might be going on more of a formal first date. If you’re looking for something a little more sophisticated to give that kind of impression, then try one of these.
- One rose – What is more romantic than a single long-stemmed rose? Pretty much nothing. And ladies, don’t think this doesn’t work for you to give him as a gift too. This works either way. There’s a little show called the Bachelorette where men are all vying to receive a rose. The only caution we would give is that the red rose is a worldwide symbol for love, so make sure you gift it in the right fashion so as not to creep someone out.
- Wine – It doesn’t really have to be a more formal date for wine to be a great gift but if you are embarking on an elegant night out where you’re both all dressed up with somewhere to go then the wine is a perfect gift choice. You don’t need to go crazy with the most expensive bottle you can find, but don’t give the cheapest bottle you can find either. If you know something about your date’s taste, choose based on that. If not, take the opportunity to let your date get to know what you like by sharing one of your favourites.
It’s Important to Stand Out
The dating world has blown up. It’s much different to date today than it was just a decade or so ago. That’s because there is a lot more competition out there when you’re playing the dating game and looking for that one right person. Prospects are no longer limited to the people we encounter in places we go. Now there are dating apps that give us access to countless numbers of people and let us filter out people as we please. So in today’s dating world, it’s so very important to find ways to stand out.
Giving the perfect first date gift is definitely one way to stand out from the competition once you’ve made it past the dating app screening and scored your first date with your potential match. This is a way for you to elevate yourself in the memory of your future love.
Take a Deep Breath and……. Gift!!!
Now it’s time to breathe deeply and know that you’ve got this! First dates are nerve wrecking if nothing else. But you don’t need to worry because you’ve planned for this. You’ve taken the time to read this article and now you know what you need to do. Go find that little something that’s going to give your first date that extra boost and leave your date highly impressed and thinking only of you!