Forget racing to the pool at the crack of dawn to claim a sunlounger – holidaying Brits are now a nation of adventure-seekers, according to research from Jersey tourism board, Visit Jersey.
The research shows that:
- Nearly half the nation (47%) crave the great outdoors whilst on holiday and two fifths (42%) say they want to try something new
- Ocean swimming, hiking, cycling and SUP top list of the UK’s favourite holiday activities
- Brits would also rather holiday with survival expert and wilderness-lover Bear Grylls (12%) than with partyers such as Spencer Matthews (2%)
- 47% believe that being active is the best way to see and experience a new place
Extreme adventurer Sean Conway – the first person to cycle, swim and run the length of Great Britain – is leading the charge with this new trend. In his latest challenge, he took on as many adventure activities as possible in Jersey in 48 hours including trail running, paddle boarding and coasteering.
Watch Sean’s adventure on the action-packed island below
For an adventure filled break, visitors can book surf, sky and kayak courses online at Jersey Kayak Adventures (www.jerseykayakadventures.co.uk) and get 10% off by using the code: surfski10
Top 10 adventure activities brits would most like to do on holiday:
- Exploring the great outdoors
- Ocean swimming
- Beach yoga
- Rock climbing
- Trail running
For more information and offers, see the Jersey website here: jersey.com/offers-see-do