Biggest night in American music is coming to the UK 2016 Grammy Awards to air exclusively on The Box Plus Network’s Number One Music TV Channel, 4Music- 16th February 2016.
Performers include: Rihanna, Adele, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift & more. Hosted by LL Cool J.
On February 16th, The Box Plus Network is proud to invite UK audiences to one of the biggest nights in American music; The Grammy Awards. The show will be exclusively aired on the UK’s Number One music channel 4Music, showcasing some of the hottest musical talent in the world today.
Hosted once again by LL Cool J, the 58th annual awards will be full of show-stopping performances from some of the biggest names in music including Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Adele, Rihanna and many more.
The Box Plus Network will air the full awards ceremony on 4Music at 8pm.
The piano mics fell on to the piano strings, that's what the guitar sound was. It made it sound out of tune. Shit happens. X
— Adele (@Adele) February 16, 2016
Seven time nominated Taylor Swift will be kicking of proceedings at this year’s awards, opening the ceremony with a debut live television performance of tracks from her ‘Album Of The Year’ nominated record, 1989. Adele will be flying the flag for the UK with performances from 2015’s’ top selling album ’25’. Joining her will be Rihanna, whose latest album ‘ANTI’ was streamed more than 13 million times in 14 hours. Skrillex, Diplo and Justin Bieber will also be taking to the stage to perform their Grammy-nominated hit single ‘Where Are Ü Now’, which will be the first ever televised performance for the three time nominated Diplo.
Among the Brit nominations for this year are Mark Ronson’s ‘Uptown Funk’ as Record Of The Year, and Ed Sheeran’s ‘Thinking Out Loud’ as ‘Song of the Year’. 2015 saw the huge success of Sam Smith, who won a total of four Grammys.
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) February 16, 2016
2016 will celebrate some of the biggest acts of the last year with a fantastic selection of nominees and performances. Known for the most exciting collaborations at a music event and in an evening dedicated to showcasing the best musical talent in the world, we cannot wait to see who will be coming together for collaborations this year. Hot from the Super Bowl Lady Gaga will be performing her own tribute to David Bowie, just one of the big highlights of the night. Tune into 4Music on Tuesday to see all of the action in full.
Last year saw music power couple, Beyoncé and Jay Z, perform their sexy collaboration ‘Drunk In Love’ for ‘Best R&B Performance’, Pharrell also got the entire room clapping along to ‘Best Pop Solo Performance’ of his hit single ‘Happy’. Not forgetting the mind-blowing performance from Kanye West, Sir Paul McCartney and Rihanna with their country tinged hit ‘FourFiveSeconds’.
To jog some memories, here are some of the most memorable performances from the Grammy Awards in recent years:
- In 2015, unlikely trio Rihanna, Kanye and Sir Paul McCartney perform FourFiveSeconds 2015.
- In 2015, Beyonce took to the stage for a mesmerising rendition of Thomas A. Dorsey gospel classic ‘Take My Hand, Precious Lord.’, backed by a mens choir.
- In 2014, Macklemore, Ryan Lewis and Mary Lambert performed gay-rights anthem ‘Same Love’ whilst Queen Latifah makes history by performing a wedding ceremony for 33 diverse couple.
- In 2014, Metallica performed at the Grammys for the first time since 1992.
- In 2014, one half of the Beatles (Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr) reunited to perform ‘Queenie Eye’
- In 2012, P!nk performed ‘Glitter In the Air’ accompanied by spectacular aerial gymnastics.
- In 2012, Jennifer Hudson performed ‘I Will Always Love You’ in tribute to the lateWhitney Houston.
- In 2012, Adele takes home 6 Grammy Awards two years after Beyonce set a world record for most wins by a female artist.
- In 2011, Lady Gaga and Elton John performed on a conjoined mega piano combined with over the top theatrics.
- In 2010, Beyonce set a world record for most awards won by a female artist