Last week we had the privilege to shoot the amazingly talented duo MK1 who made their national debut on this year’s X Factor. I was lucky enough to get to make-up the stunning Charlie Rundle. I thought I’d write a blog for you all on how I got her look for the shoot.
Charlie has great skin and I wanted to accentuate her youth by using a light dewy base on her.
- I used ‘MAC Face and Body foundation’ mixed with ‘Kiko Cosmetics Medium Foundation’ to give her a glowy base with a medium coverage
- I used a ‘Derma’ concealer palette under her eyes and to cover any blemishes
- I then powdered her whole face using a translucent loose powder
- This youthful look can take a good peachy pink cheek, either using a cream blush or powder based. I used an ‘Earthnicity’ loose mineral blusher just on the apples of Charlie’s cheeks
Eyes and Brows
Charlie has amazing bright green eyes and long lashes so she can pretty much do anything to her eyes and look great! She favours dark eyes and black eyeliner so I went with a classic smoky look.
- I began using a soft matte grey all over the lids
- Next I started to build up more shadow by adding darker greys that had more of a sparkle in them
- I applied the darker shadows in the outer corners of the eyelids and in the crease blending them until the look was soft and dark
- I used a sparkly dark grey shadow by the mineral brand ‘Earthnicity’
- I finished the look with my all-time favourite gel liner by ‘MAC’ in shade ‘Blacktrack’ and plenty of black mascara
- The liner I created was a straight flattering line tapering out at the edges
- I always fill in my models eyebrows with an eye shadow in an accurate shade so I used a mid-brown on Charlie
This look is all about clean pretty youth. Charlie preferred to just have a clear gloss on her lips, which compliments her peachy cheeks and dark eyes perfectly. However any light nude or pink glossy shades would also look gorgeous.
Photography by Keith Murphy
Makeup by Tessa Chrysostomou
Check out Mk1 acoustic version of Mamma do the Hump here: www.flavourmag.co.uk/exclusive-video-the-x-factors-mk1-perform-mama-do-the-humps/
Earthnicity is available online at www.earthnicity.co.uk. Try Earthnicity today – samples are available online.