Harmony Foundation presents Inspirational YOU an annual FREE community event being held to celebrate International Women’s Month.
We aim to highlight and celebrate the achievements of women who have worked hard to achieve their success. In the evening we will have inspirational speeches from leading women who have fought against the odds to achieve their success. You will then be entertained by artists, comedians, poets, dancers and a fashion show.
We are pleased to be working in partnership with the Karibu Education Centre and thank them for supporting women and young people in their local community.
* To provide a platform for female entrepreneurs, professionals and young people to connect, liaise and share projects and ideas
* To promote the centre and connect with other parts of the community
* To help create a positive and peaceful environment
* To host workshops offering personal development and practical skills
We are inviting female business owners and entrepreneurs along to speak and share their experiences. Stalls are available at a competitive rate which will go towards the youth programmes at the Karibu centre.
We are offering stalls to women at all stages of their business and from all backgrounds. We are in particular encouraging young people to come along and promote their business and to share ideas.
We are seeking beauty therapists who would like to highlight their businesses and offer beauty treatments to those in attendance.
There will be children’s entertainment and a mobile crèche on hand to allow you to take a quiet moment and be treated to a manicure, beauty treatment or massage.
* Time to start your business and write that business plan – Kym Kamall and Janice Beckles
* How to run a successful magazine – Annika Allen – Owner of Flavour Magazine
FASHION & BEAUTY
* How to look the part and win – Make up and styling work shop – Sherry Dixon and Joy from Potential U
* How to stay in school and win – Top educationalist and trainer in social and Emotional aspects of Learning – Tracey Campbell
* Chantelle Lewis – Youth Leader and social entrepreneur
HEALTH & WELL BEING
* Alternative therapy – Virginia Anderson – Reiki Master teacher
* Meditation session – Anna Colao
What do men REALLY think? – Three professionals speak from the heart