For the 20th Hollywood issue for Vanity Fair Magazine, renowned American Artist Chuck Close took raw portraits of 20 of your favourite Hollywood stars. The list included Brad Pitt, Oprah Winfrey, Scarlet Johansson, Sean Penn, George Clooney, Kate Winslet, Bruce Willis, Julia Roberts, Forest Whitaker and more.
For the shoot, Chuck had strict rules under which the session was to be carried out. They included:
1) Arrive alone or with one close friend or associate
2) Be available for three (3) hours
3) Be responsible for your own look – no professional styling or hair or makeup
4) Be content with coffee and deli sandwiches or salads – nothing fancy will be served
5) Get to the studio under your own steam.
Well, he definitely wanted the shoot to be as ‘laid back’ as possible and did his part by chilling in an ankara inspired hoodie and trousers.
Check out a selection of photos of Oprah, Scarlet and Brad from the shoot as well as behind-the-scenes images of all the other stars.