Students can rejoice, as road trip specialists TrekAmerica offers an incredible range of epic itineraries across North and South America that are both cost-effective and action-packed for the ultimate gap year experience.
Trekkers and parents alike can be assured that safety, security, bucket list experiences, making friends and heaps of fun are all top of the TrekAmerica agenda.
Top 10 reasons to take a gap year with TrekAmerica:
- The security of travelling with a group
- Tours are sociable, travelling with like-minded people of a similar age.
- Easy Go Guarantee – pay a low deposit if booking more than 56 days before departure, with the flexibility to change your mind, cancel the trip and pay in instalments.
- Experience of a professional tour leader – your leader will not only drive you from a to b but organise campsites, take you to new places each day and make recommendations on where to eat and drink along the way.
- Private tour bus with Wi-Fi – essential for all the social media posts!
- All accommodation included; camping, budget lodgings and hotels, depending on which trip you choose.
- Access to national parks, and expert advice from local tour leader on where to go and when.
- Trekkers can make the most of their time in the USA and travel around numerous states with just one VISA.
- Flexibility – good range of departure dates across the year.
- No stress – travellers are safe in the knowledge that they have somewhere safe to rest their head each night and that all the fantastic experiences and activities are already paid for.
TrekAmerica’s BIG tours:
The Great 48 – 75 days/74 nights
This is the ultimate all-American road trip. 75 days, 48 States and one epic adventure! From the quiet beauty of the USA’s national parks to the bright lights and bustle of city life, travellers really will see it all.
Take in iconic landmarks such as Niagara Falls, the Grand Canyon and Mount Rushmore, enjoy numerous unique experiences, including sandboarding down the largest dune in the US, taking a party bus down the Las Vegas Strip and tracking down the local wildlife from bears to wolves in the national parks; it’s the experience of a lifetime.
Includes: Services of a TrekAmerica tour leader, private transportation with free Wi-Fi, all accommodation (61 nights camping, 11 budget lodgings, two hotel nights), all camping fees and equipment included (except sleeping bag). Max group size 13. From £7789
Trailblazer 63 days/62 nights
Start the journey from either New York or LA for a huge 63-day adventure, taking in 29 US States and two Canadian Provinces.
Experience Canada’s breathtaking mountains and lakes, view iconic Monument Valley with a Navajo guide, take in the region’s wildlife with sightings of bears, elks, bison & coyotes, hike amongst Giant Redwoods in Redwood National Park and sightsee in Santa Fe, Florida Keys, Miami, St Augustine, Charleston, Chicago, Vancouver & Seattle.
Includes: Services of a TrekAmerica tour leader, private transportation with free Wi-Fi, all accommodation (44 nights camping, 12 budget lodgings, six hotel nights), all camping fees and equipment included (except sleeping bag). Max group size 13. From £6249pp
Mexico City to San Jose Bolt 46 days/45 nights
Cross seven countries and soak up the views – from beaches to ancient ruins and volcanoes to coral reefs, prepare to see some of the most incredible scenery on earth. Spot weird and wonderful wildlife, get hooked on superb local coffee, learn about the history of the Mayan and Aztec people and uncover some of the hidden gems of this incredibly diverse region. Highlights include exploring the cathedrals of the Yucatan capital, Medra, relaxing on the beautiful coast of Belize, swimming in the warm wonders of El Tunco and El Cuco, walking amongst waterfalls and experiencing traditional Guatemalan life with a local homestay.
Includes: Services of a professional bilingual tour leader, private overland vehicle transportation, all accommodation (including one camping night, 4 budget lodging nights, 40 hotel nights), camping equipment (except sleeping bag), one breakfast and one dinner. Maximum group size 16. From £2614pp
Visit trekamerica.co.uk now