Thank God! Summer is here finally. Instead of going to the local shop for an ice lolly, why not make it yourself? Here are a couple of home made and delicious ice lolly recipes that are healthy! What more could you ask for?
Banana & Chocolate Lolly
Ingredients : 2 Medium Bananas 3 Tbsp Natural Yoghurt 6 Drops of Vanilla Extract (Optional) 60g Dairy Milk Chocolate 2 Tbsp Semi Skimmed Milk
- Chop the Banana.
- Put the chopped banana, yoghurt and vanilla extract into the blender and blend till smooth.
- Divide the mix from the blender equally into 4 lolly makers and pop in the fridge.
- Break the chocolate up into pieces and put it in a glass bowl with the milk.
- Half fill a pan with water and heat it up on the hob so it boils.
- Place the bowl with the chocolate in over the water and continuously stir it so the chocolate blend together.
- When you have a good melted chocolate mixture take the bowl off of the water and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes at room temperature.
- Top up the lolly makers with the chocolate mixture and freeze over night.
Mixed Berry Lolly
Ingredients: 300g fresh bluberries, raspberries, strawberries and sliced banana, mixed 475ml low fat yoghurt 50g caster sugar 8 Ice lolly moulds or 8 plastic cups 8 wooden ice lolly sticks
- Place the mixed blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, sliced bananas, yoghurt and sugar into a blender. Cover, and blend until fruit is chunky or smooth, as desired.
- Fill plastic cups 3/4 full with fruit mixture. Cover the top of each cup with a strip of foil. Poke a wooden stick through the centre of the foil on each cup.
- Place the cups in the freezer for at least 5 hours. To serve, remove foil and peel off the paper cup.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any comments/questions: email@example.com
Follow me on twitter @EmbraceBex
Check out my website – www.embracenutrition.co.uk
Until next time…