On 28th November 2010 Kenema & Co and Inspirational YOU are organising a Christmas shopping experience called, ‘The First Lady’. This must attend event will take place at the Queen of Hoxton, 1-5 Curtain Road, London EC2A 3JX, United Kingdom on Sunday 28th November.
This is an inclusive open house event that promotes and supports products, goods and services designed by independent designers. There will be workshops, fashions shows and performances throughout the day by leading professionals from the entertainment and creative industry.
Kenema & Co (www.kenemaco.com) design contemporary clothing using African fabrics made in Sierra Leone using the skills of tailors and seamstresses giving them fair pay for their work. They are also embarking on charitable projects in Sierra Leone in conjunction with the Fifty-Fifty Women’s Group (www.fiftyfiftysl.com). At their last event Kenema & Co were able to raise funds to sponsor the education of two girls for a year.
Inspirational YOU (www.harmonyfoundation.co.uk) are a voluntary organisation that empowers and supports women and vulnerable young people. They provide workshops and advice for women and young people who are at a crossroads and want support and guidance changing their lives.
They are featuring up and coming designers who represent a cross section of designer’s from High Street to Couture including clothing, accessories, jewellery, home ware and beauty products. There will be live music performances, a beauty treatment by Minx nails (London Fashion week and Lilly Allen), guest speakers including a stylist who will be featured in next September’s Vogue magazine, a nutritional therapist and MUCH more.
This event will also assist them in fundraising to purchase a moped for district midwives to use to access remote parts of Sierra Leone to support women during childbirth and offer antenatal care.
Exhibitors and stall holders:
· Kayobi Clothing – Afrocentric street wear – www.kayobiclothing.com
· Puckoo couture – hand made leggings and catsuits – www.puckoo.com
· Aunties closet – designer vintage clothing
· RJL designs – alternative jewellery – www.rjldesigns.co.uk
· GPUK – Jewellery based on Ghanaian culture – www.gpukjewellery.co.uk
· Kenema & Co – www.kenemaco.com
· Mister Giles – art – www.mistergiles.com
· Shea Butter Cottage – www.akuawood.co.uk
· Embellished attire – www.facebook.com/EmbellishedUK
· SwanzFly – www.swanzfly.co.uk
· BeRare Jewellery – www.etsy.com/shop/beRare
· Dat Tag – Urban street wear – www.dattag.com
· SDG East London – Street wear and more –www.sdgeastlondon.com
· Purple Turtle Beads – Beaded accessories – www.purpleturtlebeads.com
· Weave Good Hair – Luxury hair extensions – www.weavegoodhair.com
Nail art by:
complimentary head massage
Guest speakers confirmed so far:
· Joy Odunsi – personal styling- www.potential-u.co.uk
· Lyande Kaikai – Fashion Design – www.jewelclothing.co.uk
· Clare Eluka – Natural Vegan skin care – www.rawskinfood.co.uk
DJ: Kengo Oshima
Live performances by:
· Sherry Davis – www.myspace.com/sherrysherrydavis – with full band
· Aruba Red – www.myspace.com/arubaredmusic
· Samantha Heard – www.myspace.com/samanthaheard – acoustic set
· Sarah Farrell – Backing track
The First Lady will be held at the Queen of Hoxton, 1-5 Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3JX, 11am – 5pm on Sunday 28th November 2010. £2.00 entry
More info: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com