Choosing shoes that complement your clothing, without actually dominating, or being overpowered by it, can be quite tricky. You have to do the balancing act here.
Here are a few things you may have to consider when choosing the right footwear for your outfit:
If the shoes that you are wearing don’t fit the event, occasion, or environment, there is no use of them being pretty, comfortable, or affordable, at least during that time.
- Ballet flats or simple loafers are good enough for casual events
- If you wearing anything dressy, you may want to wear your classic pumps. But if you are bored of wearing those, you can always try one of the widely accepted styles, as long as the colour is unique and it comes with embellishments such as a chic buckle or something else.
- To make a dramatic statement, you can go for a pair of stilettos if you are wearing your jeans and sandals if you are wearing a suit. Whatever you choose make sure you don’t attract the wrong kind of attention.
Another thing you need to keep in mind is the location of the event. You don’t want to be wearing heels if there is an outing to the park on the agenda.
Wearing shoes is not only about style; it is about comfort too. Suede boots that you pair with your heavy coats may look good in winter, but they sure won’t feel right in summer. Similarly, you can’t wear those skimpy sandals with your velvet evening suit in the midst of winter. A pair of brocade pumps may look and feel better. However, there are shoes like leather pumps, which are totally multi-seasonal. Looking for a selection of must-have statement loafers look no further than MyLoafers
The Colour of your clothing
Many women end up wearing black shoes out of fear of choosing the wrong coloured shoes. But you can add a lot of colour into your wardrobe by choosing colourful shoes. Here are a few tips on how to choose the right colours when it comes to shoes:
- You can wear black shoes, irrespective of the colour of your clothing. They may not look great if your outfit is in pastel or an earthy tone, but you can still wear them if the outfit has something black in it
- Brown shoes look great if you are wearing an outfit that is brown, beige, green, tan, or in any dark earthy tone
- Light brown or tan shoes look good on light earth tones, beige, blue, white, or light tan
- If you are wearing white, pastel or a light neutral outfit, you should go for cream or taupe shoes
- White shoes look good on pastels, bright colours, and light neutrals.
- Wear silver shoes if you are wearing something in white, black, blue, purple, or even one of the pastels
- Gray shoes would be recommended for blacks, blues, reds, greys, yellows, and some purples
- Gold shoes are for the reds, greens, browns, and may be black and white too
Ideally, the colour of your shoes has to match the colour of at least one element of your outfit.
Try ZAFUL for a variety of shoes that go with every occasion, every season, and every color of clothing that you may ever wear.