If you are looking into a career in fitness, there are a good amount of choices to explore. Whether you want to encourage people, train them or treat them for injuries, you can find the job that’s right for you.
In this article, I’ll share with you the top careers to have in fitness. Let’s get started!
#1: Level 3 Personal Trainer Course
Becoming a personal trainer is one of the most satisfying jobs in fitness that you can have. Training people to become their best selves and seeing their progress is very gratifying. In order to become a personal trainer, you need to take the level 3 personal trainer course and get certification upon completing the course. The Fitness Group has a course specifically for this so be sure to check it out!
Personal trainers should have a passion for fitness and a desire to help others have a healthier lifestyle. If you have your own experience in training yourself, people will take you more seriously. If you are enthusiastic and start your day off with a smile, people will be more willing to train with you. Your appearance is the last thing that most clients will look for.
#2: Sports coach
If sports really speaks to you and you enjoy it with a passion, then becoming a sports coach might be a good option for you to pursue. Sports coaches are responsible for planning and organizing sports activities and programs for individuals or sports teams. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Teaching relevant skills and techniques
- Enhancing performance with encouragement and constructive feedback
- Finding strengths and weaknesses in the person or the team
- Developing programs for training
- Advising about health and lifestyle
Places like schools, colleges, and fitness centres are likely to hire you. You will need to have a coaching qualification that is recognized by the governing body for your sport that you are interested in.
#3: Other Areas of Fitness
While others may be inclined to become trainers and coaches in the fitness area, there are other areas of expertise that are very respectable. It all depends on what speaks to you most. Choose from any of the following:
- Occupational Therapist – Helps people recover from injuries using different exercises
- Massage Therapist – Treat muscle tissue that causes pain while playing sports
- Physical Therapist – Help people rebuild their strength after an injury
- Fitness Trainer – Work in gyms, fitness centres and health clubs
- Nutritionist/Dietician – Teach people how to use food to keep fit
You may need to have certification for some or a college degree for another. Choose what suits you best and what makes you happy.
The list of careers to pursue in fitness can go on and on. However, picking a career in fitness has to be suitable for YOU. If it doesn’t interest you, then try another area. Stay focused on what brings you joy and you will find the job for you.