Following the continued success of ITV News Group Journalism Traineeship, we are delighted to be offering the scheme for a fifth successive year in 2010.
The ITV News Trainee scheme offers the opportunity for enthusiastic and committed people to develop skills in broadcast journalism within the company with a blend of formal courses and ‘on the job’ training in one of our ITV regional newsrooms.
The ITV regions included in the scheme are:
ITV Anglia (Norwich)
ITV Central (Birmingham)
ITV Granada (Manchester)
ITV Meridian (Whiteley, near Southampton)
ITV Tyne Tees & Border (Gateshead)
ITV Wales (Cardiff)
ITV West & Westcountry (Bristol)
ITV Yorkshire (Leeds)
We cannot guarantee to offer you your location preference; however we will consider this when allocating places to successful candidates.
The scheme for 2010 commences on Wednesday 24 February 2010 for 12 months and will include the following:
* Induction: a busy orientation programme looking at both the ITV News Group and the wider ITV, as well as meeting and sharing experiences with fellow trainees and key people working across the company.
* Job shadowing: the opportunity to get to know your base region by observing the full range of newsroom roles – including editorial, technical and graphics.
* Hands On Experience: Practical experience in a wide variety of roles in the trainee’s base region.
* Training Modules: classroom based training designed to enhance editorial and production skills, including desk top editing and basic camera skills.
* ITN & GMTV Visits: the opportunity to observe the ITN & GMTV newsroom operations.
* Mentoring: each trainee is allocated a personal mentor for the 12 months.
* Feedback & Monitoring: there will be close monitoring of the progress for each trainee, with key milestones in place to measure achievement.
* Entitlements: a salary and 25 days annual leave over the 12 month period (this leave should not be taken during the induction, visits or training modules).
There is no guarantee of permanent employment at the end of the 12 month training period. However, the purpose of this scheme is to nurture and develop talented entry level journalists to a very high standard.
You need to be currently based in the UK and have the right to work in the UK, as ITV News Group cannot sponsor work permits for its traineeship schemes.
This will be a challenging and demanding 12 months, where each trainee will be expected to demonstrate commitment and drive to learn and achieve. Only apply if you feel you can give 100% to this scheme and can start on 24 February 2010.
If shortlisted, you will be invited to a one day Assessment Centre at ITV Central in Birmingham on either Monday 11th, Tuesday 12th or Wednesday 13th January 2010.
Please note that the ITV News Group is not able to accommodate additional interview and assessment dates outside of those indicated above.
Click here to access the application form.