As Eddie the Eagle prepares to soar into cinemas we are giving you the chance to win tickets to the European Premiere.
Landing in cinemas on Easter Monday March 28th, starring Taron Egerton (Kingsman: The Secret Service) as Eddie and Hugh Jackman (Wolverine) as coach Bronson Peary, we are celebrating with a pair of premiere tickets to give away.
Eddie the Eagle follows the realisation of the childhood dream of Eddie, and his unflinching determination to become Great Britain’s first Olympic ski-jumper. Reluctantly aided by former ski-jumper Bronson Peary as his coach, Eddie is unwavering in his quest to reach the 1988 Calgary Winter Games.
Eddie the Eagle is an uplifting, inspirational story that celebrates human spirit, passion, and one man’s refusal to accept defeat.
We have a pair of tickets to the EDDIE THE EAGLE European premiere taking place on 17th March in London to give away to ONE lucky reader. To enter this great competition, simply watch the trailer and answer the question below.
What does Hugh Jackman tell Eddie the ideal age to start ski-jumping is?
Simply email your answer with your full name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to write “Eddie The Eagle Premiere Competition” in the subject header. Winners will be chosen at Random on 15th of March 2016. Good Luck!
Celebrate like #EddieTheEagle in support of Sport Relief! Text ‘EAGLE’ to 70703 and donate £3 to this fantastic cause now!
Terms and conditions
- Competition closes on 15th March 2016 at 1pm GMT
- The Promoter is Lions Gate International (UK) Limited of 5th Floor, 45 Mortimer Street, London, W1W 8HJ (Company No. 08936180). The competition is run in association with Flavourmag and Grapevine Digital Limited.
- Entrants must be aged 15 or over when entering the competition and resident in the UK. Proof of age and residence will be required to receive the prize. Entrants aged under 18 must seek permission to enter this competition from a parent/guardian.
- To enter the competition, entrants must watch the trailer and submit the correct answer to the following question – “What does Hugh Jackman tell Eddie the ideal age to start ski-jumping is? A) 10-11 B) 5-6 or C) 14-15?”
- Only one entry per person will be considered.
- Entrants will need access to the internet to enter the competition.
- Proof of submission shall not be proof of receipt. Entries that are incomplete, incorrectly filled in, illegal, illegible, in the incorrect format or fraudulent or those not received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed invalid and not accepted. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for technical failures which prevent an entrant from submitting an entry and no responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries lost, corrupted or delayed in transmission.
- Prize for the winner is 2 x tickets to the European premiere of Eddie the Eagle taking place on 17th March 2016 in London, which is non-refundable and non-transferable. Prize does not include travel or accommodation.
- The prize winner will be chosen at random and contacted by a representative from Grapevine by email/telephone provided on entry within 24 hours of the competition closing date.
- In order to receive the prize, the winner must respond within 24 hours of initial contact.
- If the prize winner fails to respond within 24 hours of notification, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative prize winner(s) will be contacted.
- By entering the competition, the prize winner confirms that they are free to attend the premiere from 6pm on the day of the event.
- Tickets for entry to the premiere can be collected by the prize winner on the day of the event with proof of ID required to receive the prize.
- If the prize winner is aged under 18, they must be accompanied by an adult to the premiere. No one under 15 will be admitted.
- Entry to and attendance at the premiere is subject to respectful and appropriate behaviour. The dress code is smart. The Promoter reserves the right to deny the prize winner and their guest entry and revoke their attendance at the event should they not adhere to the dress code and should they behave inappropriately.
- The Cinema reserves the right to refuse entry in accordance with its own policies.
- The event may be filmed by the Promoter as part of the publicity for Eddie the Eagle. The prize winner and their guest may be asked to sign a release form giving their permission should they be in the background of any footage.
- In the unlikely event that the premiere is cancelled, no alternative event will be arranged and no alternative prize will be available for the prize winner.
- This competition is not open to employees of Lions Gate International (UK) Limited, Grapevine Digital Limited or Flavourmag or associated agents of those companies or anyone else professionally connected with this competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right in exceptional circumstances to vary, amend or withdraw this competition on reasonable notice.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- The prize may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the prize winner.
- The prize winner must confirm their address in order to receive the prize.
- By entering the competition, the prize winner gives consent for their name, contact number and address to be passed to a third party provider for delivery of the prize. Save for the exception above, the Promoter will not pass any personal data to any third party unless required to do so by law or an appropriate regulatory authority.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for failure to deliver the prize caused by the delivery/postal service.
- By entering the competition, entrants are sending their personal information to the Promoter who will at all times process an entrant’s personal data in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and applicable laws.
- The Promoter’s decision is final in every situation and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Promotor assumes no liability for any claim, loss or damage arising (whether directly or indirectly).
- Entry into the competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The name of the prize winner will be announced on the Promoter’s website and may be obtained for three months after the competition close date by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope to the Marketing Team, Lionsgate, 5th Floor, 45 Mortimer Street, London, W1W 8HJ marked with the name ‘EDDIE THE EAGLE Premiere Ticket Competition Winners’.
- These Terms and Conditions will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED