Today sees the launch of an exciting competition, ‘Sound of Broken Silence’, for all budding musicians and music producers to compose and produce a track for youth charity group, Broken Silence. The sickle cell charity and its patron, actor Richard Campbell who recently appeared in Anuvahood, are looking for a talented individual or group to put together a soundtrack strong enough to capture the ethos of the charity’s brand. This competition has been announced as part of the lead up to the annual Broken Silence talent show on 1st October 2011.
Submissions to the soundtrack competition are welcomed until 23:59 on 31st August. After this time entries will be made available online for the public to vote on and the Broken Silence team will then decide on the winning track, taking into consideration the public vote.
As well as having their track as the sound of Broken Silence, to feature on the charity’s website and all future multimedia materials, the winner of the competition will also receive two tickets to the Broken Silence Talent Show 2011, two tickets to the screening of a glamorous London film premiere, the chance to meet Richard Campbell and the opportunity for further media exposure.
In order to enter this competition you must:
1. Become a registered member of the Broken Silence official website (www.brokensilence.org)
2. Fill out and submit an application form
3. Read and agree to all terms and conditions.
4. Upload a completely original piece of audio that ranges between 60 – 90 seconds in length that contains no samples or copyright infringements and must be produced as either an MP3 or WAV file
5. Application submissions inclusive of the audio upload needs to be uploaded 23:59 on 31st August. Anything uploaded after 23:59 on 31st August will not be eligible for entry
N.B. Registration on the website can be done separately and prior to the submission of an online application form and audio, but audio must be uploaded at the same time as submitting an application form.