Winnie Harlow sent a scathing message on Instagram to the Evening Standard and all other tabloids, magazines stating, I’m not a “Vitiligo Sufferer”.
The Canadian supermodel then went on to say,
I’m not a “Vitiligo model”. I am Winnie. I am a model. And I happen to have Vitiligo. Stop putting these titles on me or anyone else. I AM NOT SUFFERING! If anything I’m SUCCEEDING at showing people that their differences don’t make them WHO they are!
Posting on her Instagram, Winnie Harlow rocks a Tommy Hilfiger black bikini on a beach in Dubai, taken from a new story on the evening standard…
View this post on Instagram
@eveningstandardmagazine @evening.standard and all other tabloids, magazines and people who write articles on me PSA: I’m not a “Vitiligo Sufferer”. I’m not a “Vitiligo model”. I am Winnie. I am a model. And i happen to have Vitiligo. Stop putting these titles on me or anyone else. I AM NOT SUFFERING! If anything I’m SUCCEEDING at showing people that their differences don’t make them WHO they are! All our differences are apart of who we are but they don’t define us! I’m sick of every headline ending in “Vitiligo Sufferer” or “Suffers from Vitiligo”. Do you see me suffering? The only thing I’m Suffering from are your headlines and the closed minds of humans who have one beauty standard locked into their minds when there are multiple standards of beauty! The beach was damn fine that day, nothing to suffer about! 🙄👉🏽
“The beach was damn fine that day, nothing to suffer about!”
Damn straight Winnie. We totally agree with you. So we thought we would make a short list of some of Winnie’s so-called suffering moments…
- In 2014 Winnie Harlow was the first and only Canadian ever cast on America’s Next Top Model.
- In September 2014, Winnie walked and closed for the clothing brand Ashish for their spring/summer 2015 collection in London Fashion Week.
- Winnie has modelled for top fashion magazines such as i-D and Dazed
- Winnie has modelled for the Italian clothing brand Diesel for its spring/summer 2015 campaign.
- Winnie has modelled and featured in magazines such as Cosmopolitan, Vogue, Ebony, Complex, and so much more.
- Winnie has also done commercials for Sprite and Swarovski and was chosen as one of BBC’s 100 Women.
- Winnie has appeared in top music videos with the likes of Eminem, Black Eyed Peas and even Beyonce’s Lemonade.
- Winnie has also spoken on Talks talks recalling her experience with living with vitiligo.
The list continue’s, and judging from the above list, Winnie is anything BUT suffering. Plus, (she doesn’t know this yet), but I am personally in a mile long queue of men that would love to date Winnie Harlow lol.
Here are a few more Instagram posts during her trip to Dubai where the media claim she is suffering.
Feeding Tigers, yah nah.
Is Winnie Harlow a Sufferer or a Succeeder? Leave your comments below