The Power List, features exhaustively researched profiles of and interviews with black African and Caribbean men and women in the UK, who have attained a high level of success within their various professions (law, medicine, business, finance, and the media among others), and who also wield major influence above and beyond that.
The list includes directors of companies such as Select models, JP Morgan, and Proctor & Gamble, a government minister, the Archbishop of York and top media executives.
Such is the power and influence of those on the list, that their accumulative wealth is estimated to exceed a staggering £1 billion. The annual publication will be available to purchase from this week at selected WH Smith and Borders bookstores and newsagents, and can also be downloaded as an ezine from www.powerlist2008.com.
1. Dr. Mo Ibrahim, Founder & Chairman, Mo Ibrahim Foundation
2. Tidjane Thiam, Group Finance Director, Prudential
3. Damon Buffini, Chairman, Permira
4. Dr John Sentamu, Archbishop of York
5. Trevor Phillips, Chairman CEHR
6. David Lammy, Skills Minister (DIUS)
7. Rio Ferdinand, Footballer, Manchester United and England
8. Kenneth Olisa, Director, Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation
9. David Adjaye, Architect
10. Daniel Alexander QC, Barrister
1. Baroness Scotland, Attorney General
2. Claire Ighodaro, Independent Director
3. Michelle Ogundehin, Editor-in-Chief, Elle Decoration
4. Vivian Hunt, Director, McKinsey & Co
5. Pat McGrath, Global Cosmetics Design Director, Proctor & Gamble
6. Carol Lake, Managing Director: Head of Philanthropy, JPMorgan
7. Diane Abbott, Labour MP
8. Tandy Anderson, Co-founder/CEO Select Models
9. Sonita Alleyne, Director, Somethin’ Else
10. Abigail Blackburn, Editor, Now magazine